Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Book Thief


I just finished The Book Thief and I didn't want it to end! I was on the airplane when it ended and was embarrassed that I was sobbing like a baby. The flight attendant was like, "Would you like something to drink, Oh My! Are you okay?"

It was a very good book.

At first, I had a very hard time getting into it, and I actually had to put it down for two weeks, try to start another 6 books without any luck because I felt guilty for putting down this supposedly amazing, award winning book, and I finally picked it back up and fell in love with the story.

It's a ravaged world war 2 Germany, and Death narrates the story of young Leisel and her foster family as they try to survive under Hitler's Regime.

The back of the book says it should be compared to The Diary of Anne Frank, and I agree. I'll add some favorite quotes, but I already let a coworker borrow it, so I'll add those later.

1 comment:

  1. You've re-inspired me to read this book. I got it on CD several months ago and also had a hard time getting into the story. It took me several tracks to understand that death was the narrator and then, I don't know, I liked the story, but just wasn't connecting with it. I will try again though!

    ReplyDelete