Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse Novel #3)

I've already talked about the first two books I've read in this series and how the writing is kinda choppy, and the storyline is kinda corny... but yet I continue to read them.  If nothing else, the Sookie Stackhouse series has become a familiar, comfortable read for me.  I actually do like the characters, and I'm interested enough to want to keep finding out what happens next! 

The sexual tension between Sookie and apparently every man that comes in contact with her is hilarious and intriguing.  The situation is almost like a soap opera.  Is she going to stay true to her first boyfriend Bill, who is a vampire, or is she going to give in to the strong advances of Eric (also a vampire)?  Not to mention, Alcide, the dark and handsome Werewolf with whom she spent this entire third book!  So many men, so little time for our Southern Darling Sookie Stackhouse.  I have to say, I'm leaning more towards team Eric at this point.  He is not as moody and dramatic as Bill, and much more attractive in my eyes.  Alcide is just the new guy, so he has some catching up to do.  I know I'm way behind the times with this series, so if you've read all of them, no spoilers please!   

These are the kind of books that are just fun, easy reads.  The kind you can take to the beach or pool and not have to concentrate too hard on deciphering their meaning.  Besides all the love triangles, there is always some kind of murder mystery in which Sookie is involved.  Romance and murder always make for a thrilling combination!  It's also fun to see how they translate the books into the TV show, True blood.  Although, the show has definitely taken on a storyline of it's own.  For now, I say read these if you want a light and breezy summer series to get into.  You will get hooked!

No comments:

Post a Comment