Friday, February 10, 2012

Four Great Movies

I had the unusual opportunity to watch four movies this week; and I absolutely loved all of them.  Apart from Sarah's Key, all of them left me feeling incredibly happy and wonderful.  My faith has been restored in movies!  Hallelujah, there are good ones still out there!  As for Sarah's Key, it was an amazing movie with truly great acting in it.  I really liked it.  The subject, however, was simply not a happy-go-lucky subject.  Therefore instead of feeling wonderful and happy like after all the other other ones, I felt very quiet and somber, and a little spent from crying so much.

Here we go -- four great movies to watch ASAP!


Midnight in Paris-- Hello Paris in the 1920's!  I can't describe two more of my favorite things ever!  Not only that, but this movie was about all of my favorite American Authors and their lives in the Paris in the 1920's.  I read The Paris Wife earlier this year which was about this same subject, so I was thoroughly pleased with this movie depiction of Hemingway, Fitzgerald, and Gertrude Stein.



Gentlemen Prefer Blondes -- A classic Marilyn Monroe movie.  Why had I never seen this before?!  I loved everything about it: the fashion, the music, the 1950's Hollywood sound stage set and backdrops.  Marilyn Monroe and Jane Russell are absolute perfection!



The Arist - Amazing.  Absolutely amazing.  I have always been fascinated by the 1920's.  When I found out about this movie, I desperately wanted to experience what it would be like to see a silent movie in the theater.  Just like it was the 1920's!  I was the only one in the theater under the age of 70, but that's okay.  I loved it so much I could have been the happiest person in that theater.



Sarah's Key -- Like the book I read earlier this year, the story of 1942 Sarah Starsinzky was pieced together with the modern-day story of Journalist Julia Jarmond.  For the movie, this provided much needed relief from the devastatingly sad story of the Jewish roundup in Paris.  If not for the break-aways to Julia's story, I would have cried my eyes out.  The young actress who played Sarah Starsinzky portrayed such powerful emotion, I was brought to tears every time she was in a scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment